Dear Auckland Netball stakeholders
The Auckland Netball Board and CEO met to formulate a response to the COVID-19 virus. This is an evolving situation and the health and safety of our players, staff, volunteers and other stakeholders will remain our priority.
The Board advises the following measures to have been put in place in relation to netball activity at our Auckland Netball St Johns and Windmill Park venues.
This decision reflects Netball New Zealand’s advisory today, the government announcement on mass gatherings and public updates from the Ministry of Health.
We know you all will be disappointed, and we appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented and challenging times. We are all in this together, the decision has not been made lightly, but with your well-being in mind.
All competitions and leagues will be postponed until at least Saturday 2 May with the exception of summer league and pre-season league which has been cancelled as from 17 March 2020. The advisory includes the postponement of pre-season programmes, tournaments, workshops and other community competitions, including social leagues that are currently in progress.
Therefore, for Auckland Netball:
- The remaining two weeks of summer league has been cancelled as from tonight (17 March 2020). Pro rata refunds will be given in due course.
- Junior and Secondary School pre-season tournament on Sunday 5 April has been cancelled and refunds will be given.
- Club preseason league will be cancelled, and pro rata refunds will be given.
- All Indoor Powerplay netball leagues run on Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays will be postponed until Sunday 3 May.
- Club grading on 4 April and 18 April will be postponed to start on 2 May. Further details will be advised.
- All coaching and umpire workshops will be postponed until after 2 May.
- Representative trials will be postponed until after 2 May – further details to be advised.
- All team trainings will be suspended at Auckland Netball and Windmill Park until further notice.
- Pre-season meetings will be held electronically, and further details will be forwarded for these.
- All after school netball programmes will be postponed until after 2 May.
- Multisport holiday programmes will be advised shortly
For non-netball and other sporting usage, our Event Manager will be in contact with group organisers for any bookings utilising our facilities over the next couple of months. We look forward to your continuing support through these uncertain times.