Want to Develop as a Player?
A highly valuable session for competitive secondary school athletes and their parents! Especially for Representative Players and those aspiring to play at the elite level. Join former Silver Fern and former Auckland Netball Player Liaison Debbie Christian to gain a realistic insight of what is involved transitioning from competitive high school levels to high performance netball.
This session will cover what it takes to get from ‘here’ to ‘there’ and share statistics regarding player pathways, milestones and ages of entry into high performance teams. Debbie will talk through what age-group National tournament selections, NNZ National Development Camp invitations and regional development lists/groups actually mean in the big picture, plus share real examples of player struggles entering and exiting the highest levels of play.
Secondary School, Club and Representative coaches and managers are also welcome!
Date: Monday 23rd March, 5.15pm to 6.15pm
Where: Function Room at Auckland Netball, St Johns
This is a FREE seminar, but please register you place in advance
Registrations open now!
SUMMER FITNESS TIPS
Check out some top tips for summer netball preparation!
NETBALL NZ INFO
Check out the Netball NZ Player Development guidelines for the recommended number of sessions and games per day from ages 5 to 21 years of age.
Plus, the NNZ High Performance Player Guidelines and NNZ Zone Physical Testing Guidelines can both be found here
NEWS – CHANGES TO NORTHERN COMETS AND NORTHERN MARVELS TEAMS 2020
There are some significant and exciting changes happening to the Northern Comets and Northern Marvels Beko Netball League teams and performance structure. Please see the information below for details in full, and if you have any questions at all about the changes or how to get involved please feel free to email or call our Player Liaison, Debbie Christian.
Auckland Netball will be working closely with both Netball Northern Zone and the Northern Stars to coordinate a centre-based programme supporting players who seek selection into these teams.
Key points regarding changes for 2020:
- The Northern Stars will govern and operate the Northern Comets.
- The Northern Zone will govern and operate the Northern Marvels.
- A geographical catchment area is still in place for each of the teams, however 20% of both Marvels and Comets can be made up of players from outside of the catchment area pending a release from the area they reside in. This can occur before trials for logistical and location bound purposes (e.g. based on where you work or study) or after the final squads are selected (e.g. an athlete has trialed in their area and not been selected)
- Trials: Northern Comets will select a group of core players and these players will begin training in November 2019. A trial will be held late January 2020.
- Trials: Northern Marvels will hold trials in early November 2019.
- Final squad sizes are yet to be confirmed by the Netball New Zealand competition rules for 2020.
- School aged players will be considered but will need to obtain a special release from Netball New Zealand.
For full details regarding the change read this (link to attached PDF)
For more details about the different team programmes:
Northern Marvels https://www.netballnorthern.co.nz/zones/northern/beko-league.html
Northern Comets https://northernstars.co.nz/northern-stars-2/northern-comets.html