This competition follows the rules of the game and players start to specialise in a certain area of the court eg. shooting, defence or mid-court.
- Game times: Tuesday 4.00pm | 5.00pm | 6.00pm| 7.00pm
- 15 minute time on court for warm up followed by a game
- 7 v 7 (recommend 10 players per team). GK, GD, WD, C, WA, GA, GS
- Substitutions during an interval or when play has stopped for injury/illness
- Minimum of half a game per game
- Provide opportunities for players to play a variety of positions
- Played on a full size netball court. Goalposts at 3.05m
- Play with a Size 5 ball
- Games will be 40 minute duration – 4 x 10 minute quarters
- Scores taken for competition points table
- Full training is provided for coaches – please see Coach Development page.
Boys in futureFERNS Netball
Netball New Zealand Junior Policy 2017
- All boys may play netball alongside girls up to the age of 12 (Year 8) without restriction.
- Boys on court at any one time should not be more than half the team.
- Note: Year 7 & 8 boys, a maximum of 3 boys are allowed on the court at any time, with only one in each area of play i.e. GS or GA | WA, C, or WD | GD or GK.
- We would like to introduce a Boys Only Grade if numbers permit.
Yr 7-8 Competition St Johns 2019
|MARCH||26 March||Preseason meeting Junior Netball Programme (futureFERNS Yr 1-8). Future Ferns and Y6–8 | 4:00pm. All school/club netball coordinators must attend|
|APRIL||11 April||Year 7 & 8 entries close|
|MAY||2 May||Fees and team lists due by 5pm (penalty of 4 points)|
|7 May||Grading 1|
|14 May||Grading 2|
|21 May||Grading 3|
|28 May||Competition Commences|
|JULY||9, 16 & 23 July||NO PLAY | School holidays|
|AUGUST||16 August||Entries close for Intermediate Challenge Tournament - St Johns|
|25 August||Intermediate Challenge Tournament|
|27 August||Last day including Saver Day|
|27 August||Prizegiving (Prizegiving will be on the 3 September if saver day used)|